Competitions are held at most of the monthly general meetings.
Generally there is ONE entry allowed per judging (either print or digital). Please see additional rules at the bottom half of this page if you desire to enter in DIGITAL format.
There is a nominal fee of $5 to enter the print competition for each digital entry, as we want to provide you with the best possible quality equipment to view your submission. There is NO fee for print entries. Please bring CASH for the $5 submission fee.
Prints may be entered in one of four categories: Wedding, Portrait, Commercial, and Illustrative. If you are not sure which is the right category for your image, consult with the print chair either via email or in person when registering the print for competition. Please do so discreetly so as not to show image to the evening’s judges before the competition.
- Only current PPGBA members may enter.
- Entrants must be in line at the print registration table no later than 7:45 p.m. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Entrants must be present to enter the competition.
- Entrants may not remove their prints from the competition until the conclusion of the judging.
- One entry per member, except months when wedding albums are allowed (1 entry of each type for these competitions).
- Entries will be judged in the category in which they are entered.
- Tear sheets (if applicable) must be enclosed in an envelope and attached to the top center on the back of the print.
- All prints must be mounted – minimum mount size is 16×20, but there is no minimum or maximum print size.
- Canvas prints on stretcher frames MUST have a cardboard backing to protect the other prints.
- Framed prints will not be accepted.
- No title or name of maker can appear on the front of the mount.
- Entrants must fill out a form at the registration table with name, category, and title of entry.
- Prints titled “Untitled” are not acceptable.
- PPGBA assumes no responsibility for loss or damage to any entries.
- No print, digital file or album can be entered into competition more than once.
DIGITAL entry RULES
This makes our monthly competition more in line with the national PPA requirements.
Digital submissions should be formatted as follows:
- As a .JPEG
- Adobe RGB 1998
- Longest dimension should be 4000 pixels
- Resolution of 200 ppi
- There is no need to include any kind of matting or border as the system will include one if needed
- The file should be named the title of the print
- File/s should either be emailed to sascambos (at) gmail.com including your name, title of the print, and category NO LATER then 5 pm the evening prior to the monthly meeting OR be brought to the print comp sign table on a USB drive no later then 7 pm the day of the meeting.
- Please make sure you are submitting your FINAL EDIT as there is only one submission per member.
- Finally, even if you email your image before hand you must still be present at the judging and check in and out at the print comp table for your score to be official. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to email sascambos (at) gmail.com .
- It is not the responsibility of the Competition Committee to make sure your submissions comply with the requirements.